Oty's Autopsy (episode eight) by VICKY BON UZUAZOR

Oty's Autopsy
(episode eight)

He was the hunter, and Oto was his prey.

It had taken her almost a month to recover from the debacle at the dinner party.

She was a lot more cautious now than she was then. No one cared about the murder of humans who died like animals in the hands of Ane's Giants. There were over a thousand chopped meats in the tray, and Oto wondered how many humans were killed at once. She couldn't stop imagining.

Oto let out a long patient sigh. She was depressed and sad. When she realized what she was already involved in, she wept softly. Talking to her mother about what she'd found out was going to be a waste of time. The only person she'd wanted to talk to was God and her best friend.

She drove quietly to Diana's laboratory, and when she got into the laboratory and their eyes met, she broke down and cried softly.

It was her first time of visiting Diana since after her wedding. She had stopped picking her calls. Her mother had advised her not to mingle with single girls, as they were bad influences to newly married couple.

After five minutes of crying, Diana held her firmly and shook her.

"Stop acting like a baby, talk to me, what is it? Is your husband alright?"

Oto shook her head tearily.

"It was a trap Diana..." She stuttered tearily.

"What was a trap?" Diana asked confusingly.

"My marriage to Omodot Ekom was a trap."

"How? What do you mean?"

"He is a cultist. He belongs to a secret cult. He is a vampire Diana. He took me there and I ate a human body without knowing."

"Jesus Christ! how did you find out?" Diana asked, bewildered.

But Oto was too weak to answer.

"Listen to me," She shook her, "You have to be still and strong. The trouble with you is that you've grown so soft spiritually. You were not praying, God would have revealed to you."

"He did, he showed me in my dream..." She cried out.

"Then you knew better than to accept that offer. You disobeyed the holy spirit." Diana held her closely, "We will pray, and God will answer us. God will take away this dragon. They won't devour you. God will shut their mouths, just as he shut the Lion's mouth against devouring Daniel. God is the greatest warrior, he will fight for you." 

Oto nodded tearily. As they held their hands and prayed for moments, she kept crying.

She'd gotten back home few hours later, and as she got to her car space and packed the car, Omodot was seen right in front of the car.

"Where did you go?" He asked in a bittered tone.

"I went to visit Diana, my best friend."

"Why?"

"Because I was bored, I had to go out." She replied softly as she alighted from the car.

"What is wrong with this big house? We have a large screen cinema TV, we have over ten decoders with a hundred movie Chanel. We have a football field, a swimming pool, a basket ball pitch, we have everything Oto. I got you every damn thing, why do you go out to see someone who doesn't have what to offer you? Should I buy us a new house?"

"She is my best friend."

"Damn your best friend!" He yelled, "You will never ever see her again, you two are from a different class and world now. I saw that Diana girl for the first time and my spirit never liked her. Do not go near her again. From today henceforth, no more contact with any other person. I am your only friend." Omodot said boldly and walked away.

Oto was put in a nostalgic frame of mind, and she reminisced for a while about the good old days, when everything about Omodot was sweet and real.

A wave of fatigue swept over her. She walked to the bedroom and gulped down her cognac as though she was drinking beer. "I am thinking of how slowly I shall die." She said slowly. "I am thinking of how useless my life has been." Her words were clipped, almost angry. "No judas betrayed me. I betrayed myself. I betrayed my instincts." She said to herself repeatedly.

He was rich beyond her wildest dreams. She thought. She was going to use all the wealth he was giving to her, to help the poor and the needy. A smile flashed, then was quickly gone. She shook her head.

Omodot got into the room, dressed in a blue pyjamas. He smelt nice, like a wild bunch of romance. He suddenly changed when he nestled close to her. "I know you're sad my love, but this is your new life now." He said the words softly, a touch here, a caress there, and then she was simpering like a starry-eyed debutante.

"Even when I have come to come to realize who you really are, the demon in you, you still have a way of making me fall for you Omodot." She said softly.

He stopped, turned slowly, and his eyes locked with hers. It took every ounce to drag her eyes from his. She said as coolly as she could manage, "You're a demon Omodot."_ He chuckled and grabbed her close to his body. "Don't be afraid baby, I will do anything to protect you. You're safe in my arms."

There was no time to reply, he'd started kissing her already. And any conversation they always had ended in love making. She could tell from his reaction toward her that he had soft spot for her.  She could tell from the way he held her to himself that he too was in love with her.

She regretted the words almost as soon as they were out of her mouth. She thought about the human feast when he began to kiss her Succulently on the lip. Then she thought, one day, she too would be eaten in that same auditorium. 

Comments