THE SPECIAL ONE - Elizabeth Okon


Chapter One

The prophet had called, this time it wasn't about me but Nnenna my twin sister. The prophet had told her to meet him so he can give her a powder to rub on her face so men can come her way. I wasn't surprise to hear that has I had birthed my three children before Nnenna ended her Master's programme in Leku. I always wished she could find a man of her dreams and have children so time won't pass her by. At home, she was always the lucky one, I was the bad egg who wanted shame for the family.
    "Nnenna, Nnenna " Mama called her from afar.
   " Yes Mama" she replied
" The prophet called to see you, he said you should see him in his office by moon, please my child don't delay." said Mama in one of her low-key tone.
" I will meet him Mama, but first let me change up." Nnenna changed up to a sea green flowing gown with a brown coloured hair tie crossed around her head. She moves to see the prophet miles away from home.

" Kpam, kpam, kpam" she knocks on the door. A steel door that shows figures more than a mirror. She held the door handle as the prophet pushes the door open.
" It's you Nnenna, please come in''
Nnenna moved gently with her hand bag into his office as he held the door for her to move in.
   " Please have a sit." He said to Nnenna trying not to look directly into her eyes.
" During prayers this morning, I had a revelation about you. So I would want you to undergo a three-day fast before anything can be done. You can choose the days, when you are done with the fast, you come see me." He finalized their talk with prayers. Nnenna had to go for the day.

I oftentimes take May and Ella to Mama during holidays. Mama loves their company as she plays with them. She would be lonely if I never took them there. They were everything to her, of course they do make her remember their grandpa. 
" Don't tell me Didi still sucks breast?" Mama asked

" Yes Mama, I have tried weaning him but all to no avail." Mama was shocked as I told her I was on exclusive.

" So young girls of today still have time for exclusive?" Mama asked ridiculously.
" But Mama, Didi won't stop touching my breast, I have to give him until he is 2 years old." I replied her.

" It's good my daughter, he would be a bright and intelligent boy that young girls would rush after." Mama said cuddling Didi and making sure he doesn't cry. 
" Mama, about Nnenna has she brought anyone yet?" 
" No, I haven't seen anybody, not even her male friends. Last week, the prophet prayed for her but I still haven't seen any sign." Mama lamented.

" You can't be all sure Mama. Just give her time, she might be seeing someone. Who knows?" As the two were conversing, Didi hits his leg on the chair, fell down and cries out loudly. Mama carried him off the ground and patted him on his back. Then, she handed Didi over to her mother to be breastfeed. Didi soon slept off after being breastfeed. That day, Nnenna came back very late, her car broke down, she had to fix it up. This took her more than four hours and few hours after her working hours. She came back late, a time when everyone had slept.

In the morning, before everyone could wake up, she was at the prophet's place.
" Nnenna, it been a while. I hope you carried out the fast?" He asked
" I did that Papa. It's just that work gives me no time to visit." Nnenna answered
" It's okay, this is it, I was given an instruction to give this to you, apply on your face each time you move out, you will surely see your special one." The prophet said to her. Nnenna thanked the prophet, handed him a heavy brown envelope and left for work. She never told Mama what the prophet had said. She just hope all will be well. 

On Saturday, after she had finished the laundry and cooking, Nnenna went to spend sometime with Edikan. Edikan is a nurse, her age mate, single and working as well. A girly time out on Saturdays isn't what she loves to miss.
"Nnenna, don't tell me you are still seeing that man. Why are you still seeing him? Edikan asked
" I am not the one, my family forced me to."
" But why must you listen to them. Are you a baby?
" There are my family, I live with my Mama so I follow her rules." Nnenna replied her.

Edikan didn't still understand why Nnenna was seeing the prophet for the tenth time and nothing really worked. 
" Ok Nnenna, I am your friend and I wouldn't like anything bad befalls you. Can you for the main time forget about finding Mr. Special One and love yourself." Edikan exclaimed

Comments