Forever Friends

Inyang a lady of thirty, fair in complexion, a medical doctor, a serious minded lady with a well endowed body shape always wished for what every lady wishes but life wasn't just fair with her. She is a beautiful lady but what kept her in spinsterhood is what kept her worried. Her first love left her, the second promised to marry her but later left her for a young girl. His wedding invitation was given to her a day to her 31st birthday. She couldn't attend the wedding because she was devastated. With a tearfull voice she said lowly to her friend, Mfon-Abasi "Sister, I think something is wrong with me. Why can't I be lucky like other girls? I can't even boost of a serious relationship with someone, why". She wipe her tears using her back hands, ''don't say so Nne, God will see you through this period. God's time is the best'' Mfon replies.

An elderly woman in her mid 60s who was listening to what Inyang said felt pity and said to her,"my daughter you may be bewitched without you knowing, all my children got married before the age of 25. Yours isn't normal. There is powerful spirit-filled man of God I would like you to meet, your problems will be over very soon''. Mfon stood up and tied her wrapper well then she said in a mild voice, ''Mama leave Inyang alone with Man of God, even if hundred annointing is poured on her head now it won't change the fact that she needs to be patient. Nne please don't be desperate, nothing is wrong with you, I have said my own o...''

Mfon is married for ten years blessed with three children. A housewife yet she is so outspoken and smart. How is your husband and children Nne? ''They are all fine, Deborah will be starting secondary school by September'' God has really blessed you o, just yesterday and your children are all grown up. ''I need them to grow fast o, I want to start looking like sweet mother of three, who will believe that I have given birth, I want to be an under-sixteen virgin, isn't it possible''. Inyang couldn't control herself anymore, she laughed and laughed and couldn't laugh it all. They work together into the kitchen and store in search of what to cook. How is work at St . Nicholas Hospital? Mfon asked. I came yesterday with my boy but was told you were not around. I felt really bad. The hospital was filled up with just one Doctor. "I'm sorry for that, whenever you want to come just call me". My regards to everyone, bye!

Things fall apart when Mfon starts noticing some strange things happening in her home. Her husband behaves strangely towards her. She started suspecting Inyang. One cool evening, her husband drops his phone and went to the bathroom. She goes through her husband's phone, she saw a chat that reads, ''l love you dearly baby, ii ha a nice time today, let's some other time for a greater one" after seeing this, she is mute and couldn't say a word to her husband. She couldn't sleep...just waiting for day break so she could confront Inyang. In the morning as early as 7am, she called Inyang and requested to see her. She arrives, ''Nne, you have done a good job, if not my man you can't date? I'm so disappointed in you. How could you take my man even as my friend. What do you gain now? My happiness? Just because you don't have yours". Mfon lashes words on Inyang bluntly. She couldn't carry her eyes up due to the shame. She let out some words, "I didn't mean to hurt you Ufan, your husband seduced me and I couldn't escape his trap". I'm so sorry "just listen to yourself, save your excuses, you are a bitch''. She couldn't escape this one, with tears in her eyes she runaway, left her presence and never returned again. She calls Mfon to apologize but she never picked her calls.

After two years, Mfon's husband had a car accident and dies instantly leaving his wife and three children. That same year Inyang got married to an aboard base business man. She is bless with three children too just like her friend, Mfon. One day when she went to shopping along the way she saw Mfon. All wasn't well with her, she told her about her husband's demise and her three children. She apologize to Inyang for everything and begs her for forgiveness. Inyang is her new comforter. She opens a supermarket for her and they became forever Friends.



Comments