Parenting Isn't For Everyone 8

My mum had her favourites, her first daughter and her last child; a boy. I wasn't her favourite, sometimes I felt I was cheated because she does not side me. She was always in favour of her two favourite children, I was just her child. Though I wasn't her favourite, I always gave listening ears to her stories, her favourite children never cared, in fact, when she starts lamenting, they leave her. Her love wasn't shared equally. She loved some and neglected some especially when they had nothing to offer her. My twin sister would buy her things, give her gifts and won her heart, she didn't care to ask her where she got all the money from. This brought division among us. Everyone were in a competition of who to side. This broke the family bond, the sisterly and brotherly ties. Parents should share their love equally among their children. Don't have favourites, if you rebuke one, rebuke everyone. Don't love one and leave others or rebuke one and leave others. My mum loved me anyways, but since I wasn't her favourite, I thought she never loved me. 

Comments