Love Makes Us Stupid

I met a lady one day, unmarried then and very beautiful. She never wanted to marry or have children because of some bitter life experiences. Then, she never knew what was called love, she was always having an illusions of bad marriages. She never wanted to go into it. After she had discussed that me, I never took her serious because I knew someday something will change and she will heal completely. After that day, eight years later I saw her with a man, she said the man is her husband. I also saw lovely children around her and she told me there are her kids. I was happy for her, you know why? Because she did not let her bad experience destroy her life. Time healed her and today she is happily married with children to a good man. People let situations and their life experiences control their lives. These experiences makes them bitter, frustrated and unable to love. After reading all the tales of bad marriages from social media with the ones I have witnessed, I told my mother, " I don't want to marry." I seriously didn't want to marry and be trapped in an unhappy abusive marriage. I was bitter for what I have seen and what I am yet to see. I always have this conversation with her many times. One day she said to me, " look! not every man will be like your father, there are a lot of good men out there." she was saying the truth. You can't deny yourself love because you were not loved the way you wanted. Not every man will be like your Ex. You haven't tasted all men, have you? There are good men, good looking men who can take good care of a woman. If  A isn't working for you, try B. You can't just see one man and believe all men are the same, scum and wicked. No! I once said that but now, I am wrong. Not every man would want to sleep with you before they can help you. Some have conscience and a very good heart. I can't advice any woman to deny herself of the good things of life because of some bad experiences. Love makes us stupid sometimes, people go wrong at sometime thus making others give up on love and become so difficult. Open your heart and eyes for love but don't be blind. Let the bitterness, hatred, disappointment, failures, abuses go, let it just go, don't revisit it again. To heal from a wound, you must stop touching it. Embrace love and you will never be the same again.

Shalom! 

Comments