Happy Father's Day

Yesterday, I watched keenly as children both small and grown ups took to their social media pages to wish their fathers a happy fathers' day. I was glad that people enjoyed their father so well to wish them something good yesterday. I love my father so much but that does mean I don't hate his abusive traits. That alone I fear him. In spite of him being abusive, which I don't really like. I am grateful to him today for giving me a good education, a good and solid foundation. I am a Certified Teacher today because of him. I knew how to write and read my books through him. Without him, I would not exist. I love him in spite of his flaws and weaknesses. Through him, I have learnt how to be patient, I have learnt to be strong and resilient. I learnt the girl child education through him. He gave all his girls good education. Most girls are not as opportune as I am today. At 17, I finished college and at 23, I graduated from the University. No one could have been able to read my works on bethy-creativestories.blogspot.com if I couldn't write perfectly in English language. The main reason why I created this free blog was to write and improve my English language because I was mocked by a lady on social media, who told me my English was bad. I was in pains then, I wanted some comfort and love, only to be broken apart. He is not on social media, he is not a social media man but I dedicate this piece to him. He was tough, he was harsh, he often times off the television but he is seriously the reason I got A's in school. 

Comments