Getting To Know Yourself

I love writing when it rains, mostly the early hours of the day, because then I get inspirations and motivations to do so. Then, everywhere is calm including my body, my mind and my brain. In the afternoon, I would feel a little tired and clumsy. Writing is fun in the morning, you can go and go writing without even feeling burden. A time where you pour out your minds, emotions, feelings and inspirations in a book. I would use my room but first, I get outside to be refreshed by nature, the early morning dew, air and freshness then returned back to my room. The early morning air soothes my body and refreshes my mind giving me the ability to start a new day. Now, you may want to try this, but it might not really work for you as most people get their inspirations and their ability to write in the afternoon or amidst people. I can't write with people around me, I wouldn't know how to write down my feelings deeply. So get to know what works for you. Know you strength, know your weaknesses, set boundaries, know your limits. There are things you certainly won't know and you need to learn it from others. Humble yourself enough to learn. Pride has destroyed a lot of people and stopped them from learning and growing. If you can't learn, you can't grow. You would only be limited to the knowledge you know. And most times, you won't be able to apply the knowledge you have except you meet others and learn. Learning brings growth, learning brings development, that is why life itself is a learning process. If you don't learn, you would be limited or stagnant. Discover yourself, discover your potentials. You wouldn't know if you can write until you start writing. You wouldn't know if you can talk or be a presenter or a public speaker until you mix up with people and talk, letting shyness and timidity flee from you. Anything you want to be, start doing it now, practice it, get the experience and you become just that. Some things are not taught in schools. Most schools are based on the theoretical aspects of learning rather than the practical skills and experience. I had always wanted to be a Teacher though most people never liked my field because of it low pay in Nigeria, but that was my vision and my dreams. I wanted to be it no matter what people said. I wasn't their business, but my business and I worked hard for it. When I was young, even without starting college, I was able to gather some chairs and a chalkboard to form a classroom. I would talk and talk but no respond, because I had no student then, but I had the vision. My mother would beg me to stop talking to chairs. Then I proceed to teaching my brother Mathematics, I was 9 years then. After so many years of unforgettable dreams, reading books and going to school, today I am a Certified Teacher. Though at some point I wanted to change, that was because of some pressures from my friends and peer group. I almost changed into studying Law but I never liked Law anyways.

Have a vision

Have a dream

Build yourself

Get knowledge

Then, apply the knowledge

You would be great, greater and greatest

It all depends on you. 

Comments