Bethy-Creative Stories: My Writing Skills

Writing has become part of me. I write daily and can't stay a day without a pen in my hand. I remember those times I kept diaries, just writing about my personal life and all the hell have been through. I stopped keeping diary when I discovered that my twin sister was reading it. I got angry, I didn't want anyone to read my personal stuff😂 so I hid my journals and diary. At a point I got so busy and I stopped writing. Then, my English grammar was so bad but I kept writing. After all, it was a personal stuff, the English didn't matter. I read books both fictional literature and non-fictional. I checked up new words in the dictionary. Apart from searching the dictionary for new words, I actually got most of my new words and grammar from the books I read. I dedicated my time and resources in buying and reading books. Though my English isn't really perfect but I'm still working on it. Sometimes when i write, I feel as if I write rubbish but I still write. I don't give up. Number one goal to perfect your writing skills is to keep writing. The more you write, the more your writing develops. It may not make sense, just keep writing. Practice makes perfection. Even if you don't have something to write, just write something. Then, I do write on anything that comes my mind; my relationship, my goals, people who made me angry, my environment, my feelings etc. I wrote on so many things. Gradually I knew when to use past tense and when to use the present tense.

When you read good books, it looks so easy but trust me, writing isn't easy. It takes a lot of energy, and time. One needs to be patient to get a good work done. It's requires thinking and good presentation of words, clauses, phrases and sentences. One paragraph must unite with the other for orderliness.

I remember writing a romance story and my sister wondered where I learnt it from considering the fact that I am not really spoilt as she thinks. She thought someone else wrote them, I just had to convince her that I did. Writing involves imagination. Somethings are imagine. Just like someone writing a murder story. That doesn't mean he or she has killed someone before. It has to do with creative thinking and writing it to be real.

Apart from reading books, we write from our experiences and the environment we live in. Your experience will serve as your source. The environment we live in can motivate one to write. For example, living in a violent environment can motivate one to write about violence. Writers get from the society and the society in turn gets from them too. What makes up the society; our family, our environment, our social group etc.

Writing is fun. The only place I pour out my feelings anyhow I want to and will feel relieved. Writing is an antidepressant. It relieves pain, stress, depression and anxiety. Keep writing, keep sharing experiences. Even when nobody reads, keep writing.

Keep writing

Comments